1. Love should never be such a one-sided effort. / Love shouldn't be such an effort.
爱从来不该只是一个人单方面的付出。
2. He doesn't deserve you. /He's not worthy of you./ You are too good for him. / You're (way) out of his league./ You can do so much better (than him).
他不值得你付出。/ 他配不上你。
3. You worked too hard at loving him for too little return.
你在爱他这件事上付出了太多,回报却太少。
4. That's his shortcoming, not your failure.那是他的问题,不是你的错。
He is emotionally imbecilic. You mustn't take this personally.
他就是个感情上的白痴,你别觉得是自己的问题。
5. Love means different things to different people. It's the center of your world, but it's on the periphery of his. 每个人对爱的理解都不一样,它是你生活的中心,但对他来说只是他生活的边角料。
6. You are better off in the long run.
长远来看,没有他你反而会更好。
7. Better to be on your own than settling for so little.
自己一个人过,也比凑合着要强得多。
8. He won't miraculously change.
指望他突然改变,是不可能的。
9. His moral code conflicted vastly with yours.
他和你的道德观念完全冲突。
10. He didn't love you as you should be loved. 他爱你的方式,配不上你。/他没有用你值得被爱的方式去爱你。
11. A man should release your sparkle, not deflate your bounce.
爱你的人会让你闪闪发光,而不是让你一蹶不振。
12. I think deep down you were never sure about his feelings for you and that's why you tried so hard.
...
The more you doubt someone's love for you, the harder you work at trying to secure it.
我觉得你心底其实一直都不确定他对你有没有真心,所以你才那么卖力去讨好。
你对一个人的爱越不确定,就越会努力去抓住它。
13. I read somewhere that we all make mistakes but it's how we make amends that defines us.
我读过一句话:人人都会犯错,但真正决定我们是什么样的人的,是我们如何去补救。
14. There's no point kidding yourself. It'll take you further away from happy-ever-after…
别再自欺欺人了,那只会让你离幸福越来越远。
#英文原著阅读 #失恋疗愈